Welcome to pynta’s documentation!¶
Pynta is web framework written in Python.
Pynta will always be:
- on the edge
- Provide tools for building low volume products.
- Allow developer to choose any abstraction level to work on.
- Support most of the popular technologies out of the box.
- Allow developer to easy add support for any desired technology.
- Be compatible with any future technology.
- WSGI compatible on most levels (almost everything is WSGI app).
- Simple and powerful url mapping mechanism (regexes with host and url matching).
- One app could handle a number of urls for different actions.
- CRUD support out of the box (using actions mechanism).
- Different storages support (relational and non-relational):
- MongoDB via pymongo and/or MongoEngine,
- (planned) Relational via SQLAlchemy,
- (planned) Forms processing support (storage integrated).
- Sessions support.
- (planned) Authentication support.
- (planned) Flexible logging mechanism.
- (planned) Generic administration interface.
- (planned) Stateful apps support.
- (planned) Server side interface toolkit (twitter’s Bootstrap and jQuery integration).
These features are still subject for discuss
- Authorization support (separated from authentication).
- Django apps support.
- Visual editor (using interface toolkit).